Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Stamping a #Cre8time Storm



Hello Friends and Happy World Cardmaking Day! For today I am sharing one of my favorite cards and a fun technique that is one usually done with the Kiddos. Living in South Florida, I am in Hurricane alley and the past several weeks the storms have been relentless with Harvey, Irma, Maria and now Nate. There is a silver lining - storms are a perfect time to get crafty!


For today's project I am sharing a shaving cream technique to make a swirly background to go with this Hurricane Blowing Trees stamp. This technique is quick and easy and so much FUN!


I sprayed some shaving cream into a paper plate, spread around with a plastic knife, then dripped in three colors of Distress Ink re-inkers {peeled paint, old paper, and iced spruce}.


Drag the knife through the shaving cream to swirl colors around in patterns. If you do this too much, you will completely blend the ink into shaving cream.


Place your piece of cardstock into the shaving cream mixture and press flat to make sure entire paper has made contact. I'm using a smooth natural ivory colored cardstock as my base.


Gently remove the paper from the shaving cream and then scrape off the shaving cream with the plastic knife. Place paper onto a paper towel and wipe off the remaining shaving cream off using a soft towel. Finally I give the papers a zap with the heat gun to dry and to set color.

This technique is really easy and this project is great for kids, too. I colored several pieces of paper using the shaving cream mixture. When the color became too solid, I added a spray of fresh shaving cream and swirled it in. The white areas of shaving cream result in a color resist. My backgrounds are ready to get stamped.


I inked up my stamp with Versafine Black Ink and stamped onto the shaving cream painted paper. **PLEASE NOTE** The shaving cream leaves a film on the paper that makes the stamped image slightly distressed. I also tried stamping with dye ink on another paper and the image was blurred and resisted in areas. The Versafine ink version came out the best and I heat set this one to dry.

Now for assembly! I tore the edges away on each side of my stamped image. A SECRET... I layered this onto the unusable dye ink stamped image torn in the same fashion, leaving a larger border. For my card base I used a section of distressed corrugated mounted onto a Kraft card base using double sided tape. I adhered the base painted paper, then mounted a strip of burlap, and overlayed the stamped image. I finished off with two sea glass nuggets for a little bling.

Presenting my windblown Hurricane Card!!!


Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you are having an inky day!! What cards are you making for World Cardmaking Day?  Sb :)

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin